- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. Bring them together with your hands - but no kneading is necessary
- LThrow it all in a well greased cake tin – loaf or round – whatever you have
- Pour in three quarters of the beer initially, the amount you need will vary with the humidity etc
- If it's a bit dry, pour in the remainder of the beer. You can throw some sesame seeds on top for some crunch or sunflower seeds. Bake at 180°C for 1 hour
- Allow to cool a bit and then devour with butter. It doesn't really keep so enjoy!
Sally's beer bread
- 3 cups SR flour – SIFT this twice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 can or stubbie of beer – whatever beer you use will impart that flavour
- 1½ cup melted butter
- 100 gm crumbled feta
- ½ cup chopped olives
- Rosemary – chopped
I just wanted to say thank you very much for the beautifully presented and delicious catering you and The Sauce Kitchen team did for us yesterday. It was just wonderful to know it was going to arrive as it did all ready to go.
Lots of great compliments on the food and presentations but most importantly, Helen, John & Robert's mother, was really happy with it all and the fact that there was enough!! I think she has carried fears of undercatering from a previous experience so it was great to be able to put them to rest!
Thank you so much for such a special treat.
Tony was amazing. He shares so much, so freely and we all learnt so much from him.
Can't wait for the next class.
HI Robyn, just to say thank you so very much, and if you could pass on my thanks to Sharyn and everyone that was involved in organising Lizzie’s birthday party. It was just fabulous, and you had obviously made such a special effort to make it lovely for her (orange balloons, anyone?). The food was delicious and lovely Andrew pushed them along so well, it was just amazing
What a fabulous couple of hours! I had no real knowledge of cheese making until this class and was surprised to find out just how easy it was. I can't wait to use my new kit. The fresh warm ricotta and herbed haloumi were to die for! Thank you so much Sasha for opening up a whole new world of cooking.
I purchased the cooking class as part of my daughter's birthday present and she was delighted with the experience. She went on to cook baked ham and trifle for our family Christmas dinner. The course was excellent value for money and the instructor was wonderful with the children.
I am better informed about Mexican cooking. I was until the class only familiar with commercial Mexican fare but the class allowed me to have a deeper understanding of the origins of the Mexican meal. Tony did a great job in allowing the class to participate in the cooking. I also learnt what to expect in taste from Mexican food now. The meal together was awesome. Thank you
Absolutely outstanding Mexican cooking class with Alison on Saturday !!! Deb & I had a ball, Alison was an awesome teacher and the food was beautiful!!!
InstagramWe love posting photos of our customers having a good time
Get updates about new classes and upcoming events